Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Empty Bowl

I went to a sweet shin-dig today. So glad I was told about it. I got a sweet souvenir too.

For lunch, I went to the Art and Soul Empty Bowl event downtown at the Depot. The Empty Bowl benefits Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank, which provides food for more then 3.3 million meals annually, to people in need throughout northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. Totally sweet, right? But besides the awesomeness of helping out a food bank, you get the added bonus of being able to encourage the arts and art education in our local schools!

The whole premise of the event is based around pottery bowls. Kids from different schools throughout Duluth and also some other local artists, make supremely unique pottery bowls and have them on display. So you go, pay twenty bucks, pick out a kick-butt bowl to take home with you (which is gorgeous and wonderful because it's homemade), and then you get some soup that was brought in from the local restaurants for lunch. I had a spicy black bean and green chili soup from the Duluth Grille. Super tasty. And I didn't spill on myself! Bonus!

And now I can eat from the bowl that I got, and be happy, knowing that I participated in spreading food throughout the northland. One of my favorite things of all time. Sharing food.

So make something good for dinner tonight, if you can, and be happy about it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment