Thursday, March 29, 2012

Raise your hand

Who had a good weekend?

I want to see a show of hands. I want to see them high in the air. I'd put both mine up. Like a little first grader who is about to pee their pants because they want to answer the question so badly.
I'd put both of mine up like that.

This girl had a phenomenal weekend.

Without a doubt, one of the more stressful and draining weekends that I've had since the winter of 2008 when I was studying for the O.Chem final before Christmas break. Hot damn that was awful. But I survived. Anyways, this weekend was amazing. Despite taking the MCAT, driving about 600 miles, and going through a patient audit for work, it was awesome. A BRICK WEIGHING 12904230598 POUNDS CAME OFF MY SHOULDERS. WOOOOOOO :) And I got to hang out with my family. I did yoga with my parents on Sunday morning before church. HILARIOUS. So much fun. Just think about two people in their early 50's, doing yoga better then their daughter who is more then half their age... I never said I was graceful...

And after the patient audit on Monday, when I was still in the cities, I met up with a stupendous person for mass quantities of delicious Chinese food at a restaurant I couldn't really pronounce. And walked around downtown in a skirt when it was like 35 degrees, and yet was supremely happy. Gotta love Duluth, changing weather temperatures has made this girl love anything above 20.

So what have I learned? What has this MCAT test of death taught me?
To try. Give your best. And be HAPPY with whatever kinds of future plans are in store.
It's taught me to have patience. All does not come sweeping back to memory after five attempts at a projectile motion or H-NMR Spectroscopy problem...
But most importantly, it's taught me to give it up. Quit trying to control what I want to happen, and let God be in control. Because God knows what is right, even though it may not be what I want.
     That is what it has taught me.

Cheers to learning and living and growing

Check out who also had a good weekend: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/27/poll-romney-tops-field-in-wisconsin/

1 comment: