Thursday, February 2, 2012

Race

Since I've been trying to stay up with the news, I've been reading and seeing a lot of articles on racism. Not to say that there were not any before, but since I've been living under a rock and not paying attention to the news, I haven't been aware...

Anyways, as I was taking a little walk break today, I was thinking about what I had just been studying. Carboxylic acid derivatives, i.e. amides, anhydrides, esters, and acyl halides. Fun, right? Yeah, I didn't think so either. My face must have been saying the same thing, because I came upon a man who looked at me and said, "Wipe that mean look off of your face! Are you sure you're doing alright?" I burst out laughing, and reassured him that I was fine. Just thinking. He smiled at me and continued walking in the opposite direction, calling out to me to have a better rest of my day. Crazy funny. The man was black.

Here is my article of the week: http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/31/opinion-tim-wise-what-is-post-racial-reflections-on-denial-and-reality/?hpt=us_t4

Definitely go and read this article. If you have the time, read some of the comments that other people have left below the article. Mind blowing. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment