Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hidden Talent

I have a hidden talent. I discovered it last night.

I can slide like a major league baseball player... while running...

You know how they slide, right? They slide into the base and without realizing it, are right back up again. Nice and clean, down and up.

I totally did that while I was running last night. Hilarious.

The run was going well. I was running down Woodland Ave, which is a fairly large sloping hill, and right before I got to the intersection of 4th street, boom, I hit the pavement. My feet completely came out from under me and it was as if I threw my arms up in a "hoorah" and went down a park slide. One minute I was cruising and the next minute, I was down for the count, arms and butt sliding across the nice sheer patch of ice that I somehow blatantly missed. And a car was driving up the hill and slammed on his brakes because of course, someone had to witness the fall.

But do you know what the best part is? I 'glided' right back up. I never 'glide' anywhere. You should have watched me play softball growing up. Ask my parents, they can attest. I was the girl who slid into a base and everyone cringes, 'oooo, that looked like it hurt'. Needless to say, I never ever 'glided' into a base and immediately stood up. I always thought to myself, "ok, let's hope we make it to the base!" right as I was about to slide.

So you can imagine my surprise when I was 'slightly' graceful in my fall yesterday. I giggled to myself the whole way home. A "graceful fall". What an accomplishment. It's been a long time coming. Us Ring's are not graceful. Here is a link of my brother being graceful, courtesy of my cousin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQHOFaaRX48&feature=youtu.be.

Watch the video. It will make your day.

And in other news, I feel like this 'fact checking' is kind of a hidden talent... read this article: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/23/truth-squad-fact-checking-wednesdays-debate/?hpt=hp_c1.

Cheers to laughing at yourself. Makes the soul feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment