Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cavity

The dentist scares me.

I actually feel a bit better now that I have admitted that...

Anyways, I've always been nervous that the next time I go they will tell me my teeth are rotting out of my face and I will be toothless by 30. Why I feel like that, I don't know... Because they use sharp drills on a regular basis and charge you lots of money for it??? Maybe...

Well, I went today and I am alive to tell the tale. The dentist was super nice and didn't make me feel too awful for having a cavity. But he did tell me that he could fashion a Scarlet Letter C for me, if I really felt that guilty. Ha. No thanks! I'll pass.

Maybe I'm just happy I conquered a fear of mine. Not that I can do anything fantabulous now because I went to the dentist, (except I can chew on the left side of my mouth without pain! heck yeah!) but I am really not afraid to go back, if need be. Hooozzzaaahhh!!

And that makes me superbly happy. Erasing fears. Something I should make a part of my day, every day.

Do something that you are afraid of today, because you might not be afraid of it tomorrow.

Cheers

Here is my article of the week: http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/opinion/hatch-taxes/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment