Friday, October 21, 2011

Motivation

HELP. My motivation has been misplaced. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've looked for it at work. Nothing. I've looked for it at home. Nope. Under the couch? Nah. On facebook? Big fat NO. So where is it hiding? Where, oh where!, can my motivation be??

   I've been pondering this all day, as I sit in my cubicle. I need a jolt. A lightning strike of super power multi-tasking bliss. There is just a huge list of things that I want to accomplish, but am lacking motivation. Studying for the MCATs is a LARGE BLINKING LIGHT at the top of my list. I want to start. But I'm afraid? Tentative? Hesitant? Freaked-out? WORRIED THAT I WON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING? And cry in the corner while I'm tempted to run for the hills? Yeah, I need to start. Enough whining.

   So who has motivational tips? Who has the answer to my being freaked-out and scared? Hmmmm, I wonder....
   In my daily devotion, I found the answer.
      "Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55: 6-9

   Lightning bolt? I think so. Just when you feel like there is nowhere to turn. Or that you're trying so hard to plow forward in one direction, you realize GOD IS THE ONE WITH THE PLAN. His thoughts are WAY BETTER than my thoughts. His ways are WAY BETTER than my ways. I don't have the capability to fully understand anything because I have a sinful brain. His plans for me will always be better. So I don't need to worry, or panic, or be afraid, because He totally knows what He is doing. He will help me find my motivation. It may seem completely lost to me at the moment, but it will come back.

    Trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment