Wednesday, January 18, 2012

End of an Era

Went for a run this morning... It was super cold. Like get outside and try to breathe but can't, cold. Like being a fish out of water, gasping for air, but can't get enough, cold. Yeah, it was cold. But ultimately, my run this morning ended an awesome streak I had going.

   I hadn't fallen or face-planted on a run, since Halloween. Until today. Wah wah wah. Dude! Halloween!! That's like the longest streak I think I've had, EVER. Anyways, it wasn't too tragic. Just smacked my knees and slid forward on my hands. Kind of in a bent-leg downward dog. (For those of you who do yoga) Don't really know what I tripped on... As I continued on my run, I circled back to the point of face-plantage (I know, how could I? I kept an extra eye out for large rocks) and found nothing. It was like a little gnome ran out from someones yard and grabbed my foot and watched me fall for some early morning action. Oh, and to make this run even more glorious, totally got whipped in the face by some branches that came out of nowhere. A dear friend of mine would have yelled out "TRAIL RUNNING" as I got smacked by the bush. (Normally bushwacking happens on-trail, not on-sidewalk at 6am) But I survived. Made it back to my place with a crusty-ice face and one knee slightly worse for wear, more awake then when I left.

  In other news, check out this article. It's my news article of the week.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/18/tech/sopa-blackouts/index.html?hpt=us_c1

  Let's hope that an era of free-knowledge doesn't end...

No comments:

Post a Comment