Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Family

Christmas has come! Christ is born! Let us all celebrate his birth! For through Him, we are saved, both now and forevermore. SO AMAZING!

But I titled this Family, why? Because my family, my parents, are the ones who have brought me up and raised me in this truth! Our strong relationship is because of this little baby that was born to save us all! I can't fathom it most days, but when were are all together in the same room on Christmas day, passing gifts to each other and laughing about what we all have received, love floods my soul. Yes, LOVE. The little word that sends some people screaming for the highlands, but also brings people together and is a vehicle to express happiness and good things. 

Love? Why is she talking about Love? This is sappy and lame. (you must all be thinking this)

Because I am a girl. And love is how I can express my gratitude and thankfulness to those around me, who care about me. It moves me. Love moves me. In my crazy noggin', love and family is so intertwined. When I think of family, love is right there. When I think of love, family comes to mind. 

Ok, ok. Enough. I think you get the picture. Yet...

Think of a heart, and the word Family written inside of it...  Ta da! That's what love looks like to me. 

I don't know how I will ever repay my parents for what they have done for me. My heart is filled with appreciation, and all I want to do is give back to them. But all I can do right now, (until I magically become filthy rich as a doctor(maybe?) and can fly them to the bahamas) is share a strong relationship in Christ and love with them, because that is what they have always shared with me. 

If you are in arms length of one of your parents today (or a brother or sister or grandparent or aunt/uncle for that matter), suck it up and give them a hug. I know I would. : D I'm sure they will appreciate it. (If not, kudos to you for getting within arms length of a relative!)  


No comments:

Post a Comment